Polni naslov projekta // Full name of the Project: BEYOND EUROPEAN SUSTAINABLE TOURISM MED PATH (BEST MED)
Partnerji v projektu // Project partners:
- El legado andalusi Andalusian Public Foundation (Spain)
- Lazio Region (Italy)
- University of Algarve - School of Management, Hospitality and Tourism (Portugal)
- Croatian Chamber of Economy - Rijeka County Chamber (Croatia)
- Ministry of
economy, development & tourism, general secretariat for tourism policy and development (Greece)
- Conference of peripheral maritime regions of Europe (France)
- Malta Marittima Agency (Malta)
- National Tourism Organisation of Montenegro (Montenegro)
- Ministry of Tourism, Regeneration, Justice and Local Administration. Regional Government of Andalusia (Spain)
- University of Maribor - Faculty of Tourism (Slovenia)
- Calabria Region - Programming Deparment - Programming Cooperation and Institutional Capacity (Italy)
Trajanje projekta // Project duration: 1. 11. 2019 - 30. 6. 2022
Spletna stran projekta // Official website: https://best-med.interreg-med.eu/
Koordinator projekta pri partnerju FT UM // Project manager: izr. prof. dr. Maja Turnšek
O projektu // About the project:
BEST MED contributes to the objective of enhancing MED Governance, being the main challenges seasonality and lack of
effective cooperation among main tourism actors, including the citizen active participation on the policies design.
Partnership of 10 regions and 11 partners, commitmment of 11 associated partners is involved in this. Project that contributes to
support evidence-based planning, monitoring and evaluation of interventions in MED programme, by getting a joint approach
on “green” planning based on and improving the outputs gained by other projects such as Tourism Data indicators toolkit and
Green Beach Model (MITOMED+), and Tourism sustainability toolkit in Mediterranean (CO-EVOLVE) on a widen model
for routes linking coastal and maritime and inland destinations, as well as other projects outputs.
It aims to have a new integrated and sustainable touristic planning aiming at the mitigation of seasonality in the MED area,
through the connection between coastal regions to inland regions, such as a path-route method.
A testing phase will obtain a joint model that will be transfered and capitalised as well as the toolkit and DATA indicators
We propose to analyse positive and negative impacts of tourism on the quality of life of tourists, residents and about the
quality of the tourist's experience, proposed in the Faro Convention AP 2019 COE.
A MoU and Granada Charter on Sustainable Tourism will be signed for transferability and sustainability of outputs.
Plakat projekta // Project poster:
Glasila projekta // Projects newsletters:
1. glasilo projekta BEST MED (BestMed Newsletter 1).