The academic study programme Tourism lasts for 3 years (6 semesters).
A basic goal of the programme is focused on education of personnel which will be able to perform tasks in individual segments of tourist offer and perform executive tasks in economy and non-economy businesses, as well as in civil service jobs related to tourism (Directorate for Tourism, local self-managing communities, agencies, institutions). Graduates will do work in the fields of creating, marketing and implementing quality tourism products, development of tourist destinations and reception services tourism, preservation and promotion of cultural heritage, development of acceptance and tolerance, encouragement of countryside revitalization and even regional development, environmental protection etc.
The basic goal of the programme is to educate graduates who will be able to organize, manage and market tourist activities. Their work will be primarily focused on solving the problems of designing and implementing tourist offer in organizations where they work. Our graduates, competent professionals, will find work in companies involved in any tourism activity and all other companies who work as partners at designing the offer in tourism.
CONDITIONS FOR ADVANCEMENT TO A HIGHER YEAR
A student may enrol into the 2nd year if he or she has completed the requirements for the 1st year equivalent to 48 ECTS and has completed all obligations at Tourism theories. AS student may enrol into the 3rd year if he or she has completed all requirements for the 1st year and requirements equal to 48 ECTS for the 2nd year. A student is obliged to complete the requirements for subjects Destination management and Human resources management.
Graduates of the academic 1st cycle study programme Tourism will:
- be acquainted with and understand the basic features and concepts of tourism,
- understand the basic concepts of information systems,
- understand the core concepts and applicative approaches to destination management,
- understand the basic concepts of business economics,
- deal with hands-on problems by using contemporary professional methods of tourism destination or product analysis and management of tourism organization analysis,
- link knowledge from the fields of tourism, entrepreneurship, finance, management, marketing, law, culture, sociology, psychology, geography and other,
- have the ability to manage human resources,
- understand the role and importance of tourist offer or tourism product and its connection to other supplementary activities, for example sports, preservation of cultural heritage, encouragement of ecological consciousness etc.,
- understand the role and importance of tourist offer for economy and preservation of cultural heritage,
- understand the economic impact of tourism,
- develop skills in the field of coordination, communication leadership, planning, evaluation of tourism products, organizations and companies,
- use information communication technologies and master work with information systems at a tourism organization and at the destination,
- master at least two foreign languages for successful communication with business partners and customers,
- analyse the events during the work process and prepare a synthesis of possible actions, which will ensure an undisturbed working process at the tourism organization regardless of the type of tourism,
- understand the basic principles of ecology and environmental and nature protection standards required for the implementation of quality tourist products,
- understand principles of the code of ethics in tourism,
- understand basic terms concerning logistic processes in tourism,
- be acquainted with the basics of consumer psychology,
- be acquainted with the importance of safety in modern tourism.
Renewed accredited curriculum for academic programme Tourism is valid since 1. 10. 2017. Curriculums are accessible also via AIPS website.