The master's study programme Tourism lasts for 2 years (4 semesters).
The basic goal of the programme is in-depth education and training of development staff and leading personnel for the work in all structures of (in the first place) tourism economy, but also in certain non-economic and civil service segments where it meets the tourism contents. In the work process, this personnel has to be able to manage and answer development questions concerning the field of tourism. They also have to be able to implement their knowledge to achieve optimal functioning of a tourism organization as a part of tourism system.
CONDITIONS FOR ADVANCEMENT TO A HIGHER YEAR
A student may enrol into the 2nd year if he or she has completed the requirements for the 1st year equivalent to 45 ECTS. A student may advance to the next year also if he or she, due to justifiable reasons, was not able to complete all study requirements from the first paragraph. Justifiable reasons are set down in the Statutes of the University of Maribor.
Graduates of the master's 2nd cycle study programme Tourism will:
- be able to use quantitative methods,
- have knowledge on tourism organization management,
- understand the basic concepts of complex social network planning and know how to connect social partners with tourism development on the entrepreneurial, local and regional level,
- understand the basic and advanced concepts of logistic processes in tourism,
- create tourism products on the basis of tourism needs,
- understand categories of financial analysis,
- understand the models of contemporary organization of tourism organizations and investment in managerial business concepts,
- have the ability to conduct a systemic analysis and monitor the introduction of information system to business activity,
- be familiar with the concept of communication in marketing,
- have the ability to deal with hands-on problems in procedural business in contemporary organizational systems,
- have the ability to understand the basic concepts important for the research of needs, motives and consumer behaviour at tourism marketing,
- understand the models of contemporary organization of tourism organizations and investment in management models of business,
- have the ability to solve hands-on problems in the field of science and research during the formation of a new integral tourism product by using standard professional methods and procedures,
- have a practical understanding of political theory in order to understand events in politics and tourism on the levels of local, national, European and global tourism policies.
Renewed accredited curriculum
for master's programme Tourism is valid since 1. 10. 2017. Curriculums are accessible also via AIPS website.