The University of Maribor provides students and graduates with a uniform digital identity automatically created from the name and surname If this combination already exists, a consecutive number is added.
Each user thus receives a username in the following format: firstname.lastname@example.org. With their username and password, users may access various services and tools.
Digital Identity = username + password
Students are able to use 3 different platforms during their studies:
The Academic Information Subsystem of the University of Maribor (AIPS) provides support for the teaching process. The AIPS web interface enables students to:
- review study obligations (fulfilled, unfulfilled) as well as exams passed in the current academic year and throughout the entire course of study;
- check personal data;
- review exam dates;
- review office hours of course instructors;
- register for/withdraw from exams;
- complete student surveys;
- fill out electronic enrolment forms;
- receive faculty notifications,...
AIPS can be accessed here
UNIVERSITY EMAIL ADDRESS
The username of the digital identity also serves as the student's university email address for official correspondence, including communications and notifications from faculties and AIPS or Moodle alerts, etc.
Upon being assigned a digital identity, you receive a university email address for official correspondence, including communications and notifications from faculties and alerts from the AIPS system, Moodle, etc. For this reason, email should be checked regularly.
The email address can be used throughout the course of study and even after graduation (as long as the digital identity is valid). 50 GB of storage space may be used for the following:
- incoming and outgoing mail with priority inbox;
- personal calendars, calendar sharing, scheduling meetings;
- personal contacts folder with access to the address book of all students;
- tasks for keeping track of study obligations.
The email account can be accessed in the following manner:
- Go to https://mail.student.um.si and log in with your digital identity.
- Log into Microsoft Outlook with your digital identity and the account will be set up automatically.
- Settings for other email clients (POP3, IMAP in SMTP) can be found at https://mail.student.um.si, top banner, click > Options> Settings for access via POP or IMAP.
The e-learning environment Moodle UM is available to all students of the University of Maribor. After login, a site with links to relevant courses is displayed, where course instructors and other employees can publish learning material, notifications, assignments, quizzes, etc. The e-learning environment Moodle UM is available in English.
More information is available here.