The Master's study programme is open for application twice a year. Call for enrolment to 2nd cycle study programmes at the Faculty of Tourism, University of Maribor for the academic year 2019-20 is yet to be determined.
ACADEMIC ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Candidates who completed the following may apply for the Master's Study Programme Tourism:
- A bachelor's (1st-cycle) programme in a relevant field: Hotel management and food service; Travel, Tourism, Leisure; Social sciences; Economics and administrative sciences; Sales; Marketing and advertising; Business management and administration; Work-life studies;
- A bachelor's (1st-cycle) programme in another field. Prior to enrolment, candidates must fulfill obligations corresponding to 10-60 ECTS credits under the bachelor's programme, a training programme or by taking placement tests. Candidates must fulfill the following obligations: “Introduction to Tourism", “Destination Management".
LANGUAGE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
In an international environment, sufficient mastery of the English language is critical for both, academic and professional success. Fortunately, there is no English proficiency test required for enrolment to Professional Study Programme Tourism. However, we advise you to brush up on your English skills. Even if this is not an enrolment requirement, it will help you a lot to succeed during your university studies.
The Call for enrolment in postgraduate programmes of the University of Maribor is expected to be published in February 2019.
Applicants who meet the eligibility criteria may apply for Master's Study Programme Tourism at Faculty of Tourism, University of Maribor during the application period. The electronic application form on the eVŠ portal is only open during the application period.
Application deadlines: For SLOVENIAN CITIZENS AND EU NATIONALS:
For SLOVENIANS WITHOUT SLOVENIAN CITIZENSHIP AND FOREIGN NATIONALS – CITIZENS OF NON-EU COUNTRIES:
- 1st application period: until 8 September 2019
- 2nd application period: if positions are not filled in the first application period and faculties decide to publish a list of vacancies, candidates will be able to apply in the second round from 23 September 2019 until 24 September 2019 at 12 o'clock.
- 1st application period: until 31 May 2019
- 2nd application period: if positions are not filled in the first application period and faculties decide to publish a list of vacancies, candidates will be able to apply in the second round from 8 July 2019 until 8 September 2019 at the latest. Candidates intending to apply in the second round should take into account enrolment procedure may not be completed in due time.
Applications for enrolment into 2nd cycle study programmes of the University of Maribor in academic year 2019/20 have to be submitted online, namely via eVŠ web portal.
Each candidate may submit more than one application, stating only one study programme in each application.
You may submit the application with:
1) DIGITAL CERTIFICATE
: In this case, you are not required to send the printed form by mail, but to submit your application on time via eVŠ web portal
. Nevertheless, you are required to send the supporting documents by registered mail to the Faculty of Tourism (Cesta prvih borcev 36, 8250 Brežice). The sent documents have to be labeled with a reference number of application for enrolment. The application shall be considered as submitted on time if the application is completed, electronically signed and submitted via Evš by the date stated in the call for enrolment.
2) USERNAME AND PASSWORD
: In this case you have to submit the application via eVŠ web portal
on time, print it, sign it and together with supporting send it by registered mail to the Faculty of Tourism (Cesta prvih borcev 36, 8250 Brežice), no later than five days after the expiration of the deadline for submitting applications via eVŠ. After the expiration of the deadline applications can no longer be submitted and will be rejected.
The following applications shall be considered as submitted on time:
- Applications completed, electronically signed and submitted via eVŠ by 31 May 2018.
- Applications submitted via eVŠ by 31 May 2018, printed with contents identical to the last application submitted in eVŠ, signed and delivered personally or by registered mail to the faculty implementing the programme by the date stated in the call for enrolment. It is in your best interest to submit your application documents as soon as possible. Faculty of Tourism does not process the application documents that have arrived after the deadline.
Applicants in need of support to complete the application of enrolment may contact the Administrative Call Centre (EKC) at firstname.lastname@example.org; tel.: 080 2002 (from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. during workdays) or call 00386 1 478 85 90 if calling from abroad).
Alongside with the printed, dated and signed application form you have to send bellow mentioned documentation:
1. IDENTIFICATION DOCUMENT
: verified* copy of birth certificate or certificate of citizenship or passport or personal identity card (verified by notary or Apostille);
2. TRANSLATION OF IDENTIFICATION DOCUMENT
: certified translation of the document showing the citizenship (birth certificate or certificate of citizenship or passport or personal identity card) into Slovenian or English language by a court-appointed translator (translation is not necessary for documents issued in the following languages: English, Croatian, Bosnian and Serbian if the writing of the document is in Latin script);
3. DIPLOMA: original of the 1st cycle (bachelor) certificate / diploma paper, or the original of the document confirming graduation at 1st cycle (bachelor) level if the actual certificate / diploma paper was not issued yet. The original document will be returned to the candidate after we review it in the manner agreed upon with the candidate;
4. TRANSLATION OF DIPLOMA: translation of the 1st cycle (bachelor) certificate / diploma paper, or of the original of the document confirming graduation at 1st cycle (bachelor) level if the actual certificate / diploma paper was not issued yet, to Slovene or English language by a court-appointed translator;
5. DIPLOMA SUPPLEMENT: photocopy of the 1st cycle (bachelor) diploma supplement (or similar document confirming the completed subjects, grades obtained, credit points awarded and showing the length of your study;
6. TRANSLATION OF DIPLOMA SUPPLEMENT: translation of the 1st cycle (bachelor) diploma supplement (or similar document confirming the completed subjects, grades obtained, credit points awarded and showing the length of your study) to Slovene or English language by a court-appointed translator. Translation is not necessary for documents in the following languages: English, Croatian, Bosnian, Serbian, if the document is written in Latin script;
7. DECISION ON RECOGNITION OF CERTIFICATES OBTAINED ABROAD FOR THE PURPOSE OF FURTHER EDUCATION:
all students who have been enrolled into an institution outside Slovenia and wish to continue their education at the University of Maribor, have to obtain an Agreement on the recognition on foreign education upon applying for studies at the UM. To obtain it, they have to fill in and submit an online application form for study programme via eVŠ web portal.
Additional information regarding the recognition of foreign education procedure is available at the University of Maribor during office hours, every workday between 9 and 11 a.m. and 1 and 2 p.m., via telephone 00386 2 235 5263 or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org;
8. A CURRICULUM VITAE (CV)
: short chronological description of the entire education prepared and signed by the candidate.
*Verified means: foreign certificates have to be verified in accordance to internal regulations of a specific foreign country, including Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Stamp and signature of an authorized person from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of your country have to be verified by the diplomatic-consular mission or consular post of the Republic of Slovenia, which is accredited for this country, or by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Slovenia.
You can send or deliver the documents together with your application.
After receiving all the application and required documentation the University of Maribor will, in case you meet the requirements, issue Decision on recognition of certificates obtained abroad, which enables you to study at the University of Maribor. After receiving the document, the Faculty of Tourism will issue Decision on acceptance to the Faculty of Tourism. The Decision on acceptance will be sent to the stated e-mail address of the candidate alongside with additional forms of documentation, such as Certificate of registry, some invoices etc. Upon submitting it, you will be enrolled in the programme and receive the supporting documentation, like Proof of enrolment, Digital identity for IT Services, Student ID number, etc.
The tuition fee for the part-time Master's Study Programme is 3100 euros per year and has to be paid in full prior to enrolment.
The amount of the tuition fee is set by the relevant educational institution and is the same as the tuition fee for part-time programmes for Slovene citizens. The tuition for the current academic year must be paid upon enrolment. The list of tuition fees is available here.